President – Rowie Cox & Bridget Ellis
Treasurer – Paul/Veronica Edwards
Secretary – Cathy Liefting
Committee Members – Haydon Brill, Meggan Cain, Diana Kroese, Elizabeth Williams
The Puni School PTA meets monthly, generally the second Thursday of the month, in the Puni School staffroom from 7pm-9pm.
The PTA fulfils the roles of:
- Providing a link for parents and whānau to the school and staff
- Organises and runs the following activities:
– Franklin Multi-Cultural Festival (March/April)
– School Disco (June)
– School Country Day (Sept/Oct)
– Year 6 Leaving Party and Prize-Giving (December)
- Donates funds to Puni School to assist in providing our students with new experiences, resources and equipment
Each year the PTA generally donates in excess of $20,000 to Puni School. In the past years this has covered items such as data projectors, digital cameras, netbook laptops, amplified sound systems (for our junior classes) as well as reading and art resources.
The PTA provides funds for each syndicate to use in transporting our students to venues for a variety of educational experiences.
You are most welcome to pop along to any PTA meeting during the year to see what happens. We are always keen to enrol new members.